upscope wrote:
On Saturday, February 12, 2011 02:37:59 AM Daniel wrote:
upscope wrote:
SeaMonkey 2.0.11 (Build identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux
x86_64;
en-US; rv:1.9.1.16) Gecko/20101124 SUSE/2.0.11-0.2.1
SeaMonkey/2.0.11)

opensuse 11.3

1) First I figured out how to create a mailing list and they
appear
under personal Addressbook. I also have a collected addressbook.
What In
need is a seperate address book for my mailing lists such as:
      Personal addressbook (contains all addresses of personal
nature).
      Collected addressbook to act as holding area for new
addresses
      Then one called Lions maill mailing lists, etc associated
with the
Lions club.

upscope, do you want a totally separate addressbook for your Lions
club
addresses, or would a list within the main addressbook do the job,
e.g:-

*Personal addressbook*
alf...@yahoo.com
bo...@gmail.com
cou...@google.com
d...@yahoo.com
edw...@gmail.com
jag...@gmail.com
LionsClub
        cou...@google.com
        jag...@gmail.com
        ti...@gmail.com
ti...@gmail.com

This is easily done, setting up a totally separate addressbook, is
not
real difficult, but may not really be necessary.

How do i set up this third address book and the sub folders in it.
searched the help screens and on the mailing list archieve but did
not
see a way to do it. Looking at this as an option to Kmail.

2) how do i get seamoney to retain the changes I make to the font
size
settings? I changed them to be larger un appearance but there back
small
again as in this email. My old eyes cannot read this small of
font.

Go to Edit->Preferences->Appearance->Fonts and set yourself a larger
Minimum Font size.

3) I tried to change a folder under local folders from packman to
Packman but it kept saying "folder already exists". Is this
because
seamonkey is designed for MS and does not reconize case
sensitivety.

Not at all sure about this one, but could it mean that you need to
change the Name of the actual file in the operating system, as well
as
the name with-in SeaMonkey.

Thanks for any ways to do this or documentation on doing it.

HTH

Daniel

Thanks for the reply. I want a separate Addressbook because I use
these lions lists as distribution lists and when I tried creating them
with them under the personal addressbook all I got was the list name a
a failure sending because the members of the list were not put into
the message.

Hope that makes sense.

I have 14 "Address Books" and each contains at least one "List".
In the "to" field, which I change to "bcc" I enter the list name.
This way if one recipient has an infected computer, the infection does not have
access to the whole list.

You do have to drag and drop each member into the list.