I booted up my Toshiba L500 laptop this morning to SeaMonkey which promptly updated itself to version 2.0.12. I can no longer send out mails.

The error message I get every time is that the ISP mail server (Verizon) has timed out, so I called my ISP, Verizon. I spent nearly an hour on the telephone with technical support who went through all the obvious configurations and found nothing obviously wrong. Not to leave me stranded, they had me open and configure an older version of MS Outlook that is on my system that I have never used just to find out if the problem would be repeated there, but instead we proved that the malfunction was not at the ISP server end, but due to some malfunction in the updated SeaMonkey.

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled SeaMonkey 2.0.12 several times to no avail. Meanwhile, my desktop PC - mwhich updated SeaMonkey a day or two ago - has experience no such problem and appears to otherwise be functioning normally.

Has anyone else experience an outgoing mail problem like this? I have never had such a problem before, and have no idea how to fix it. Any clues?

Thanks.

Marisa