Joe32065 wrote:
Philip Chee wrote:
On Thu, 28 Apr 2011 20:55:39 -0400, Joe32065 wrote:
When I use Seamonkey to read newsgroups, I lean back in my chair and put
my feet on the desk. So I can't use the keyboard at all. The Mark
button has an arrow next to it. When you click on the arrow, you can
scroll down to Thread as read. There is plenty of empty space next to
the mark button. If I could eliminate the arrow and have separate
buttons for thread as read, as read by date, and all read, it would be
much easier. As it is now, I have to take the dog out of my lap, sit
up, pull out the keyboard, and then hit the letter t. There is enough
space to eliminate the arrow next to Next as well Message, Unread
message, and Flagged message could all have a button on the main bar.
Right clicking on the toolbar and selecting customize gives you very
little that you can change. If there is an easy way to do this I would
thank you. My little dog would thank you too.

Have you considered using a wireless/bluetooth mouse? If you have a
iPhone there's probably an app for that.

Phil

I have a wireless mouse. What I want to do is eliminate the need to use
the keyboard. It would be much easier to click thread read if it was on
the main toolbar instead of in a submenu. Thanks
Since you already have the wireless mouse, wouldn't it be easier to simply use it to click on the Mark button dropdown and select the 'As Read' or 'Flag' option you want? You'd only have to move one hand that way, as long as you can see the screen. No keyboard action needed.