Joe32065 wrote:
Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:
Thu, 28 Apr 2011 20:55:39 -0400, /Joe32065/:

When I use Seamonkey to read newsgroups, I lean back in my chair and
put my feet on the desk. So I can't use the keyboard at all. The
Mark button has an arrow next to it. When you click on the arrow,
you can scroll down to Thread as read. There is plenty of empty
space next to the mark button. If I could eliminate the arrow and
have separate buttons for thread as read, as read by date, and all
read, it would be much easier. As it is now, I have to take the dog
out of my lap, sit up, pull out the keyboard, and then hit the
letter t. There is enough space to eliminate the arrow next to Next
as well Message, Unread message, and Flagged message could all have
a button on the main bar. Right clicking on the toolbar and
selecting customize gives you very little that you can change. If
there is an easy way to do this I would thank you. My little dog
would thank you too.

If you know the script code executed for the Next "Unread Thread" menu
item you could create a custom button with it:

https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/custom-buttons/

Thanks Stanimir, what I want to do is create a new button. The new
button would be right next to the Mark button. When you push that
button, it would have the same effect as pushing the letter T on the
keyboard. It would have the same effect as pushing the down arrow next
to the mark button, scrolling down and then clicking Thread as read. The
point is that one mouse click is less clicks than more than one. When
you do something over and over finding the quickest easiest way to do it
makes the most sense. Almost half of the toolbar is EMPTY. There is no
need to hide buttons in a drop down menu. No one seems to understand why
I want all the buttons where they can be clicked easily. AArrrg!
I hope this is allowed. Here is a link to a picture so you can see what I'm going for.
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/4310/70414075.jpg