Daniel wrote:
Neil Winchurst wrote:
Although not new to computers I am fairly new to SeaMonkey. I am using
version 2.0.14. There has been a lot of chat about the new version 2.1.
Since my version works just fine for me is there any real reason or
advantage to moving up?

I feel that I would be quite happy to stay where I am. If it ain't broke

Just wondering

Neil

Neil, the only really good reason to buy a new car is that the old car
is irrepairable broken.

SM 2.0.14 is not broken....yet, but there will come a day that the small
team of developers that work on SM will decide that SM 2.0.xx is not
worth upgrading, so then you will have to move to SM 2.1.xx (or be
unprotected from future problems).

Or, as you've just moved to SM, you could start with SM 2.1 and not
worry about having to learn the old SM 2.0.xx stuff!!

I didn't mean that recently. I started with 2.0.13 and moved up from there when 2.0.14 came out. So I have been using SM for a while now. I understand that there will be no more development once 2.1 is the main version. But, as it is working fine for me, I feel that I should leave well alone.

Thanks for the advice.

Neil