Daniel wrote:

Neil Winchurst wrote:
Although not new to computers I am fairly new to SeaMonkey. I am using
version 2.0.14. There has been a lot of chat about the new version 2.1.
Since my version works just fine for me is there any real reason or
advantage to moving up?

I feel that I would be quite happy to stay where I am. If it ain't broke

Just wondering

Neil

Neil, the only really good reason to buy a new car is that the old car
is irrepairable broken.

Not so, there are lots of good reasons:

1) The old car costs more to maintain than it's worth, but the new car's maintenance will be free under warranty for years and years;

2) The old car is becoming too unreliable (can't depend on it to run without frequent repairs), but the new one will just run all day every day;

3) The new car has important features that the old car lacks (e.g., ABS brakes, better gas mileage);

4) The new car will help you score with the babes, but the old one just gets you laughed at; ;-)

etc.

For software, there are sometimes analogs to reasons 2) and 3) above.

Paul B. Gallagher