>> MCBastos wrote:
Interviewed by CNN on 17/06/2011 22:34, d...@kd4e.com told the world:

How does Midori, which ID's as Safari, fit in the mix?

I don't have any personal experience with Midori, but I understand from
the website that it depends on a separate standard installation of
Webkit, instead of bundling their own tweaked version. So it is, in
general terms, a browser shell. I didn't find any information regarding
versions for iOS, but if they do make one, that version is clearly
"just" a browser shell, since they are unable to make any sort of
changes to the engine.

On other platforms, though, there's still the theoretical possibility of
the Midori team growing unhappy with some aspects of Webkit and deciding
to fork their own version. So, on these platforms Midori has at least
the *potential* to become a full browser.

Thanks for the clarification!

--

Thanks! & 73, KD4E
David Colburn http://kd4e.com