Robert Kaiser wrote:
Rufus schrieb:
...so, Microsoft redux...big deal - Apple's turn. They make a product
which suits my desires. So I'll buy it and use it...I don't really care
about much more than that, from a user standpoint.

So then you have no right to want anything their app store doesn't
provide. They don't give you that right, after all.

No, I have the right to make requests of suppliers to build/supply anything I want - just like with any product, and the supplier has the right to decline or accept my request just like with any product. I refuse to believe it's "impossible" or "prohibited" because other people are doing it.

Again - unwillingness to do the work to bring a product to market. It's
not "impossible", it's not "prohibited"...

Again, you have not understood anything. Using our technology is
prohibited and therefore impossible on their products, and that makes it
impossible to port our software there. So we don't even think about if
it would be useful. Even this discussion here is a waste of our precious
developer time.

No, I don't think you're understanding *me* - I'm not interested in the Mozilla technology, I'm interested in the Mozilla *feature set*. Big, subtle difference in that I'm thinking as a user and not a coder, and I also realize this means a *new* product.

What I want is the Mozilla feature set brought to iOS...which is why I now have the Atomic browser on my iPad. It's as close as I can get.

That's where you're seriously missing the mark.

No, you are missing the mark. But as you don't want to understand, I'll
end this discussion and turn to doing things that makes sense.

Robert Kaiser

No, I understand...I just refuse to accept that it's "not possible". I *will* accept that you don't want to do it.

--
     - Rufus