Bill Davidsen wrote:
Rufus wrote:
MCBastos wrote:
Interviewed by CNN on 18/06/2011 14:59, Rufus told the world:

No, I don't think you're understanding *me* - I'm not interested in the
Mozilla technology, I'm interested in the Mozilla *feature set*. Big,
subtle difference in that I'm thinking as a user and not a coder, and I
also realize this means a *new* product.

What I want is the Mozilla feature set brought to iOS...which is why I
now have the Atomic browser on my iPad. It's as close as I can get.

The thing is, the feature set on Firefox and Seamonkey is completely
dependent on the Gecko engine. The user interface is ran by the browser
engine, not by the operating system. That's what allows writing such
powerful browser extensions, for starters. Gecko was designed from the
start to offer this functionality. Webkit does not offer it, and that's
why Safari and Chrome extensions are comparatively simpler.

I find that hard to believe as stated. The feature set "as implemented"
within the *current* releases as coded is dependent on the Gecko engine,
but for a *new* product what we are talking about is a set of design
requirements and interface specifications - not the actual
implementation in code to accomplish the task. I like the SM
implementation...(completely) new code, same look.

Biggest limitation with iOS that I can discern is file transfer...but I
can live with hardware/OS limitations, interface issues can in general
always be evolved.

You are solving the problem from the wrong end, scrap IOS, install
Linux, run real SM and be happy. Or at least if you aren't happy you can
complain in another group and about different things. ;-)

iOS is just fine...it's young, and it just need to be taught what to do, and how to do it.

--
     - Rufus