Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd) wrote:

Daniel wrote:

 > Philip, did you upgrade from a prior version of SeaMonkey or did you
download and install SeaMonkey 2.2 complete??

Well, both. Seamonkey told me V2.2 was available, and would
I like to download/install it; then something nasty happened
at the end of the download, and it didn't auto-install; so then
I ran "Check for updates", it found 2.2, told me it was
already downloaded and ready to install, then (I think)
installed it, or I may have done this last part manually --
no longer sure. Anyhow, I have been a Seamonkey user
ever since it was Netscape (via Mozilla Suite), so all
of my installations have been in the nature of upgrades.

Philip Taylor

O.K., for Netscape and Mozilla Suite there was no upgrading, it was a case of downloading the entire program and installing it.

This might explain why you have yours working right, where as I, who did a (couple of hundred kilobyte) upgrade and don't have the program working right.

Don't have Chatzilla available to me, either!
--
Daniel