Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd) wrote:

Ah, but I /don't/ "send a separate email to Daniel's specific email
address";
I use "Reply/all", and that generates a To and a CC, the "To: " being
Daniel and the "CC: " being the list. So I agree that a separate e-mail
is being sent to Daniel, but that is not my intent; my intent is to
reply to the list, and the only option that Seamonkey offers me with
this particular configuration of the list-server is "Reply/all". As
you have yourself noted, "Reply" is inadequate, in that it replies
to Daniel and not to the list. You might want to argue that having
used "Reply/all", it is then incumbent on me to remove Daniel's
mailbox from the "To: " field -- I agree that I could do this, but
it seems excessively onerous.

I consider it common courtesy not to decode and publish the real email address when your recipient has purposely munged it to foil the spambots.

Paul B. Gallagher