Paul B. Gallagher wrote:

You may be right about what it /should/ do; I won't quibble over the
"legalities." But my SM 2.0.14 behaves as I described, notwithstanding the RFC.
If v. 2.2 behaves differently, that's a change.

OK, trying now with Seamonkey 2.0.11 in a Virtual PC --

Reply = Reply-to-one-sender

So identical behaviour here between 2.0.11 & 2.2

See immediately preceding message asking those who experience
something different to provide more details of their installation
and of the headers they see.

Further, assuming that the private address shown here has been munged to defeat spammers,
we must infer from the fact that a reply reached him that human intervention was involved
(to remove ".nospam").

Correct !  Having discovered (by virtue of numerous bounce messages)
that the majority of subscribers to this list have spurious elements
in their "From: " fields, I now routinely remove these spurii as
a matter of course.

Philip Taylor