On 11-07-26 11:16 AM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd) wrote:

I used "reply/all"; if I don't, it goes only to you.
** Phil.

Weird. If I do an ordinary reply to Daniel (CTRL-R or click the button),
I get only the newsgroup.

He's posting via the mailing list, not the newsgroup.

Messages from the newsgroup are sent to his email address, and when he replies via sending a message to the list address, that message is posted to the newsgroup.

The list administration configuration has the option of adding the list address to the Reply-To header of each message, but that makes it hard for people to reply to each other privately.

Thunderbird has a [Reply to list] button; I'm not sure why it's not in SeaMonkey.

--
Chris Ilias <http://ilias.ca>
Newsgroup moderator