On 8/3/11 7:57 AM, Not@home wrote:
> Would you be so kind as to tell exactly how to set
> browser.bookmarks.autoexporthtml to true?  I have looked at all the
> preference settings and haven't found any thing.  I'm obviously not an
> expert.
>
> David E. Ross wrote:
>> On 8/2/11 9:43 AM, Juiceman wrote:
>>> I loaded 2.2 and my bookmarks are gone, or I cant figure out how to find
>>> them. I think I am going to dump 2.2 and go back to an earlier  version.
>>
>> Your bookmarks are now part of places.sqlite.
>>
>> If you set browser.bookmarks.autoExportHTML to "true", they will be
>> exported to file bookmarks.html every time you terminate SeaMonkey.
>> When you use the Bookmarks Manager to update your bookmarks, you can
>> also export them to bookmarks.html (or any other file).  Then, you can
>> still use bookmarks.html as your home page, as I do.

Simple:
1.  In the address area (URI bar), enter about:config.

2.  In the Filter are of about:config, enter browser.bookmarks.

3.  Find browser.bookmarks.autoExportHTML among the listed items.

3.a.  If browser.bookmarks.autoExportHTML exists with the value "false",
double-click on it to toggle it to "true".

3.b  If browser.bookmarks.autoExportHTML does not exist:

3.b.i  Right-click in the window and select [New > Boolian] from the
pull-down context menu.
3.b.ii  Enter browser.bookmarks.autoExportHTML in the New Boolian Value
popup dialogue.
3.b.iii  Select true in the Enter boolian value popup dialogue.

My preferred:

1.  Terminate SeaMonkey.

2.  Locate the folder containing your profile, which is describe in
various Help places.

3.  Edit the file user.js to contain the following:
        user_pref("browser.bookmarks.autoExportHTML", true);
        // automatically export bookmarks into an HTML file

The second line is merely a comment to explain why you are doing this.
DO NOT forget to include the semi-colon at the end of the first line.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

On occasion, I might filter and ignore all newsgroup messages
posted through GoogleGroups via Google's G2/1.0 user agent
because of spam from that source.