Daniel wrote:
WLS wrote:
Mike Easter wrote:
Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:
Sun, 25 Sep 2011 23:25:26 -0700, /Mike Easter/:

Now I'm even more puzzled by some, at least one, SM posts which I
see which do not demonstrate the stripping.

Could you give a reference to it?

Here's a paradox:

Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 20:33:10 -0700
From: NoOp <gl...@sbcglobal.net.invalid>
Subject: Re: SM format=flowed is incomplete

news://news.mozilla.org/niidnu7jbp3lb-ltnz2dnuvz_j2dn...@mozilla.org

NoOp is posting with f=f send turned off. But when he quotes my f=f
message, his non-f=f send does *not* strip my quoted trailing spaces
(paradoxically) but /appropriately/ does *not* post his original
material with trailing spaces, since f=f send is off.

My head hurts over this discussion.

I don't know what you are seeing Mike, but everything looks good to me
in my SeaMonkey 2.3.3.

I see bars for quoted material when I read posts and >, >>, and >>> in
this reply for the quotes.

Isn't format=flowed supposed to change the > to bars? Kind of old but,

http://joeclark.org/ffaq.html

WLS, Mike is not talking about the > on the left of each line but at the
other end of the line, where there should be a space at the end of each
line that is not ended by a Return. Note the absence or presence of the
space can be tested when you reply to a post, not in the post itself!

If there is no space, when the line is quoted and quoted and quoted, you
end up with short lines, because the lack of a space means the line is
treated as though it was ended by a return.

Don't know the spaces are being dropped.

HTH

Haven't seen any > on the other end of the lines that I can recall in SM 2.3.3, but that clears up my confusion immensely.

Maybe a screen shot of his problem would help.

Thanks!

--

SeaMonkey