THAT'S NOT an answer - PLEASE REFRAIN TO INSIST - YOU DID NOT FOLLOW THE ETIQUETTE WHEN NOT ANSWERING.

NoOp wrote:
On 09/29/2011 05:27 PM, d...@kd4e.com wrote:
In addition to HTML 5 supposedly displacing some of the needs for Java,
wasn't there a project of some sort that provided for an open-source
substitute for Java ... or was that just a silly dream?

I think that you've been reminded of this before, but if not I'll repeat:

http://www.mozilla.org/about/forums/etiquette.html
<quote>
Top-posting vs bottom-posting.

     Some people like to put reply after the quoted text, some like it
the other way around, and still some prefer interspersed style. Debates
about which posting style is better have led to many flame wars in the
forums. To keep forum discussion friendly, please do interspersion with
trimming (see above for trimming rules). For a simple reply, this is
equivalent bottom-posting. So, remove extraneous material, and place
your comments in logical order, after the text you are commenting upon.
The only exceptions are the accessibility forums, which are top-posting.
</quote>

Please refrain from 'Top-posting'. Thanks.