Ant wrote:
On 10/1/2011 11:11 PM PT, David E. Ross typed:

Is anyone else getting a XML error with SM2.0.14's web browser's real
user agent on http://www.allstate.com/ ? It says:

"XML Parsing Error: not well-formed

[snipped]

I had to fake with Firefox v3.6.8 to get rid of the error. I don't know
if v2.1+ has this problem too since I have not upgraded yet. :P

Yes, it happens with SeaMonkey 2.4.

Do you have the Firefox-Compat-Mode pref on or off, I couldn't tell:

[Callek's mental note: I shouldn't be the one to comment about that]

This is a common problem when the Web server is sniffing for the user
agent (UA) string and the sniffing software fails to handle the case of
an unrecognized UA string, that is a browser for which the software does
not provide.

I thought SeaMonkey v2.1+ uses Firefox user agent by default.

No, we don't use the Firefox UA by default, we use a *compat* ua, we still do show SeaMonkey in there, but the way we do it has been known to be accepted by many websites that do it wrong. Allstate may just be doing it even worse.

/me defers testing himself until he catches up on the remaining mails in this thread.

--
~Justin Wood (Callek)