Thanks for the info, I was able to fix the issue using your instructions. If I had seen the dropdown where you associate an email with an outgoing SMTP server, I may have figured this out earlier. I actually tried entering a matching SMTP username, but I didn't know that I needed to associate it in the account settings.

I am really steamed that yahoo did this. It took me all afternoon to re-configure all of my business addresses. What am I paying for a business domain for if I have to put up with all of this. They should have notified my when they made the change. The tech guy I spent an hour on the phone with last night said specifically that I should only have one SMTP account that I use with all my email. He said that my account was working properly and that the problem was with my client software, or the ISP. He actually spent most of his time trying to convince me to use their new web mail. I find that support always goes down the tube when companies start blending support with sales pitches.

The tech actually told me to delete the account and re-create it to see if that would help. DELETE MY BUSINESS EMAIL ACCOUNT!!! Why does he think I use an email client instead of web mail in the first place? Maybe because my email is the most important thing I need for my business and I need to have it local, fast, and well backed up???

Talk about business unfriendly. Can someone recommend a hosting service that is a bit more competent and business friendly?

Anyway, thanks so much for the help, I've been dead in the water since yesterday afternoon.

LMH

S. Beaulieu wrote:
S. Beaulieu a écrit :

Trouble is, they now require that all emails originating from a Yahoo
email address go out through a connection using the same email address.

I forgot to add that that's exactly why you can still send mail from
your admin address: it matches the SMTP.

S.