I have no real interest in "cloud hosting", I much prefer a plain old basic server with a plain old basic backup. Is there a more traditional outfit out there that folks have had good success with.

LMH

Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
LMH wrote:

... The tech actually told me to delete the account and re-create it
to see if that would help. DELETE MY BUSINESS EMAIL ACCOUNT!!! Why
does he think I use an email client instead of web mail in the first
place? Maybe because my email is the most important thing I need for
my business and I need to have it local, fast, and well backed up???

Talk about business unfriendly. Can someone recommend a hosting
service that is a bit more competent and business friendly?

Anyway, thanks so much for the help, I've been dead in the water
since yesterday afternoon.

<shameless plug>

I've had good results for years with hostway.com. They're not the
cheapest tool in the bin, but they stay up, their 24/7 phone help is
friendly, cooperative and knowledgeable, and with very rare exceptions
(none recently), all their stuff works with SeaMonkey, none of this
nonsense about "approved browsers."

</shameless plug>