On 11/3/11 5:43 AM, hawker wrote:
> I have read many threads about Seamonkey Freezing.
> For me the only place I have seen this is since I moved from Acrobat
> Reader 9 to Acrobat 10. I always saw it as an Acrobat problem and
> thought the Acrobat Plugin was crashing Seamonkey when I print or save
> files from the plug in.
>
> I now realize Seamonkey did not crash, just locked up for 30 seconds to
> a couple of minutes.  So now I am wondering if this is part of the lock
> up issues others are talking about? Do others see this Acrobat issue?
> And is there any known fix? I don't know is this is Acrobat or Seamonkey.
>
> I live off of Acrobat and so this bug is really annoying.

I see a freeze while the PDF file downloads, the plugin launches, and
the PDF file is displayed.  Depending on the speed of your Internet
connection, this might be a brief or long freeze.

If I am running something else that consumes most of my CPU at the same
time, however, the freeze seems to be permanent.  For example, I cannot
encrypt a gigabyte file and, at the same time, have SeaMonkey download
and display a two-page PDF file.

> While I am at it (I know this is not a Seamonkey question) I also notice
> that the Acrobat plug in has two UIs. One is stripped down and "clean"
> the other is more traditional and full featured. I don't like the clean
> one (the one that normally comes up) but the full featured one only
> sometimes comes up. Any idea how to force it one way or the other?

This is a function of how the server holding the PDF file delivers it,
not anything you can control.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>.

bureaucracy has obviously never worked for a large corporation.
© 1997 by David E. Ross