hawker wrote:
On 11/3/2011 11:19 AM, David E. Ross wrote:
On 11/3/11 5:43 AM, hawker wrote:
I have read many threads about Seamonkey Freezing.
For me the only place I have seen this is since I moved from Acrobat
Reader 9 to Acrobat 10. I always saw it as an Acrobat problem and
thought the Acrobat Plugin was crashing Seamonkey when I print or save
files from the plug in.

I now realize Seamonkey did not crash, just locked up for 30 seconds to
a couple of minutes. So now I am wondering if this is part of the lock
up issues others are talking about? Do others see this Acrobat issue?
And is there any known fix? I don't know is this is Acrobat or
Seamonkey.

I live off of Acrobat and so this bug is really annoying.

I see a freeze while the PDF file downloads, the plugin launches, and
the PDF file is displayed. Depending on the speed of your Internet
connection, this might be a brief or long freeze.

If I am running something else that consumes most of my CPU at the same
time, however, the freeze seems to be permanent. For example, I cannot
encrypt a gigabyte file and, at the same time, have SeaMonkey download
and display a two-page PDF file.

While I am at it (I know this is not a Seamonkey question) I also notice
that the Acrobat plug in has two UIs. One is stripped down and "clean"
the other is more traditional and full featured. I don't like the clean
one (the one that normally comes up) but the full featured one only
sometimes comes up. Any idea how to force it one way or the other?

This is a function of how the server holding the PDF file delivers it,
not anything you can control.

I have noticed everything you mention for the most part.
The only difference is that what else I am doing in the back ground does
not seem to be the issue, or perhaps it is. I usually have several CPU
intensive CAD programs going in the back ground, but they are usually
not "active" when I am doing this. The control panel says in this state
that they are not consuming many resources. I notice the hang almost
only happens when I save a file or print a file so perhaps it is that
CPU hit that causes this. It started when I upgraded from 9.x to 10.x
and has been with me ever since.

Download speed has a bearing.You'd think everyone would get on the bandwagon a get a high-speed connection atcompanies or servers that transfer files. Here it is 2011 and many major companies when you attempt to download from their doanload sever. even on my 3 MB DSL I get no more than 29KB should be at least 10 to 20 times that speed. OnCable it should be even more.

--
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T.        "If it's Fixed, Don't Break it"
http://www.phillipmjones.net        mailto:pjon...@kimbanet.com