On 11/03/11 01:10 pm, Michael Gordon wrote:
hawker wrote:
I have read many threads about Seamonkey Freezing.
For me the only place I have seen this is since I moved from Acrobat
Reader 9 to Acrobat 10. I always saw it as an Acrobat problem and
thought the Acrobat Plugin was crashing Seamonkey when I print or save
files from the plug in.

I now realize Seamonkey did not crash, just locked up for 30 seconds to
a couple of minutes. So now I am wondering if this is part of the lock
up issues others are talking about? Do others see this Acrobat issue?
And is there any known fix? I don't know is this is Acrobat or Seamonkey.

I live off of Acrobat and so this bug is really annoying.

While I am at it (I know this is not a Seamonkey question) I also notice
that the Acrobat plug in has two UIs. One is stripped down and "clean"
the other is more traditional and full featured. I don't like the clean
one (the one that normally comes up) but the full featured one only
sometimes comes up. Any idea how to force it one way or the other?

Hawker

Hawker,

Try this suggestion to eliminate the source of your problem.

Using SM download the pdf file to your desktop.
Close SM and double click the pdf file to open the file with the Adobe
Reader X.
With Adobe Reader rendering the file print the file.

Check the timing of the download in SM.
Check the time it takes for Adobe Reader X to render the file.
Check the time it takes to print the file.

Compare the timing using SM plugin to perform the similar tasks.

If SM takes a long time to download the file check the file size of the
downloaded file, it may be several Mb in size.

Making comparisons between the two operations may help you to determine
the cause of your pdf problems.

To respond to both this and the original post:
1) My SM does crash. About 90% of the time I click on a PDF link. Sometimes, it is when I am not even expecting a PDF, but get the crash. 2) Since I cannot even get to the link for the PDF, downloading is not an option. 3) Often, the PDF is not exposed [see unexpected PDF above] but SM crashes when the hidden reference to the PDF is found.

This problem did not exist prior to SM 2.3 [which replaced 1.1.18 on my system]