Paul Bergsagel wrote :

Yes SeaMonkey does seem snappier and more responsive. I'm not sure if
the zippiness is due to the JavaScript improvements or the fresh
installation of SeaMonkey. I guess I will know which it is when
SeaMonkey is a few days old and now longer a fresh installation.

Anyways Kudos to the developers of v 2.6. Seems very good for the time I
have used it,

BTW my Mac OS 10.6.8.

It was that last comment that led to something else...

Have you guys seen this:

http://demos.hacks.mozilla.org/openweb/HWACCEL/

I get a score of 2 on SM, FF, on Camino
Google Chrome scores a 5

and iCab got a 14.  Umm yeah, 14.

I know this is a SM group, and I use SM all day every day, but I keep so many dumb websites going at the same time, I use FF for some TV sites and Chrome for YouTube, because, well Google owns YouTube and makes Chrome, and I was having crashing problems all the time on YouTube, when I would rewind or ffd.

Is that test too outdated to mean anything, it was developed for FF4?
GW
Mac OS 10.6.8, at 2.53 GHZ and 64 Bit-mode