Geoff Welsh wrote:

Have you guys seen this:

http://demos.hacks.mozilla.org/openweb/HWACCEL/

I get a score of 2 on SM, FF, on Camino
Google Chrome scores a 5

and iCab got a 14. Umm yeah, 14.

I know this is a SM group, and I use SM all day every day, but I keep so
many dumb websites going at the same time, I use FF for some TV sites
and Chrome for YouTube, because, well Google owns YouTube and makes
Chrome, and I was having crashing problems all the time on YouTube, when
I would rewind or ffd.

Is that test too outdated to mean anything, it was developed for FF4?
GW
Mac OS 10.6.8, at 2.53 GHZ and 64 Bit-mode

I got 60+ FPS on SM 2.6.1.

I have a fast machine with a fast connection, so if that's what they're testing it's not relevant. How would you test browser speed independent of those things?

Windows 7 Pro SP1, Intel i5-2320 quad-core at 3 GHz, 64-bit
Verizon FiOS 25/25 Mbps

Paul B. Gallagher