Geoff Welsh schrieb:
You don't need to be connected to anything to test a browsers ability to
render code, so that's what it supposedly tests, or in this specific
case animation. If you guys both got 60 and I got 2, then it must
somehow be a x86 vs Mac thing

Actually, to a large degree it's a graphics driver and operating system thing. A number of graphics drivers have problems with the way we are using the 3D functionality and acceleration support - up to crashes - and we need to disable those things there, and some operating systems and OS versions either don't support everything we need in that area or don't have well-enough-tested support on our side finished yet.

As most of Mozilla software users are on Windows and newer software/hardware generally has more capabilities in those areas, recent versions of Windows with recent graphics cards and drivers have a higher chance of good acceleration support than older drivers/cards or other OSes - on Mac it works in some cases, on Linux we don't have acceleration turned on anywhere yet.

You can try to go to the bottom of the Help/Troubleshooting (about:support) page and tell us what the "Graphics" section there says, it should have some relevant information.

Robert Kaiser