JeffM wrote:

Paul B. Gallagher wrote:

They don't want to maintain the car,

Oh, but they -ARE- willing to invest large gobs of their time into
learning the fine points of anti-whatever apps (which aren't
necessary on a properly-crafted OS).

Really? Show me one, just one, non-geek/nerd who does that.

Beyond filling the tank and cleaning the windshield,

...and wrapping the car in bubble-wrap and duct tape
and tin foil and insulation and polarizing lenses and ...

Really? Show me one, just one, non-geek/nerd who does that.

they can't be bothered."

This thread is proof that they are ALREADY being bothered.

They're bothered if they can't just turn the key and drive.

DoctorBill wrote:

I have my own hobbies

...and, apparently, one of those is learning how to deal with The M$
Infection of the Week. ...then looking for a new way of insisting
that you are using a superior OS.

Did you actually read the thread, or are you making your own up out of whole cloth? I don't see any of those fantastic statements upthread.

Paul B. Gallagher