cmcadams wrote:
Ken wrote:
Lisa Wiser wrote:
Ken wrote:
I just ran across some comments from users of Thunderbird and their
fix worked on SeaMonkey as well.

"Thunderbird has the "msgcompose.background_color" set to uppercase
#FFFFFF however if you want to change the background color in your
message manually, Thunderbird offers you the colors in lowercase hex
code.

It would seem that Thunderbird changed the color code to uppercase for
the default template (i.e. "msgcompose.background_color") but left the
manual color code options in lowercase."

I entered "about:config" in the URL bar for SeaMonkey and edited the
line "msgcompose.background_color" line to #ffffff and everything worked.

How do I go about editing that line? I've found it, just don't know how
to change it.

Thanks.
Do a search for #FFFFFF. Highlight the line and right-click on it. One of the
choices
is Modify. Highlight the uppercase F's and delete them. Replace with six
lowercase
f"s.

Just tried it in SM 2.7.2, didn't help.

WAIT!! Cancel the above. It does work. First trial was with an HTML email that I had in my Drafts folder (with the old #FFFFFF). New HTML emails with the #ffffff parameter did go through.