MCBastos wrote:
> Interviewed by CNN on 19/04/2012 16:48, BIll Spikowski told the world:
>> I have this box checked in Edit | Preferences | Mail & Newsgroups.
>>
>> Yet it doesn't stop Seamonkey from downloading my email when only the
>> browser window is open -- or even when no window is open but a SM
>> process is stuck running in the background.
>>
>> This is a problem to me because I sometimes must leave a browser
>> window open, but I want my email left on the server until I'm back in
>> my office.
>>
>> Is there a workaround that might solve this?
>
> Bill, just to clear a point... are you complaining that:
>
> a) You open Seamonkey, open the mail window, close the mail window
> without closing the browser window and it keeps downloading mail in the
> background, or
>
> b) You have Seamonkey totally shut down, open JUST the browser window
> and yet it starts downloading mail in the background?
>
> Case (a) is working as intended; case (b) is not.

Case (a) is my situation.

If this is working as intended, I must be misinterpreting the checkbox
"Only check for new mail after opening Mail & Newsgroups."

I thought it meant, "Only check for new mail when Mail & Newsgroups is
open."

But I guess you're saying it means, "Only check for new mail after
Mail & Newsgroups has been opened at least once in this session." In
which case, it's working as intended; if I need to leave a browser
window open without having SM download email all night, I need to exit
SM entirely, then open just a browser window.

A little awkward, but if I can remember that sequence, it would work
for me.