BIll Spikowski wrote:
MCBastos wrote:
Interviewed by CNN on 19/04/2012 16:48, BIll Spikowski told the world:
I have this box checked in Edit | Preferences | Mail&  Newsgroups.

Yet it doesn't stop Seamonkey from downloading my email when only the
browser window is open -- or even when no window is open but a SM
process is stuck running in the background.

This is a problem to me because I sometimes must leave a browser
window open, but I want my email left on the server until I'm back in
my office.

Is there a workaround that might solve this?

Bill, just to clear a point... are you complaining that:

a) You open Seamonkey, open the mail window, close the mail window
without closing the browser window and it keeps downloading mail in the
background, or

b) You have Seamonkey totally shut down, open JUST the browser window
and yet it starts downloading mail in the background?

Case (a) is working as intended; case (b) is not.

Case (a) is my situation.

If this is working as intended, I must be misinterpreting the checkbox
"Only check for new mail after opening Mail&  Newsgroups."

I thought it meant, "Only check for new mail when Mail&  Newsgroups is
open."

But I guess you're saying it means, "Only check for new mail after
Mail&  Newsgroups has been opened at least once in this session." In
which case, it's working as intended; if I need to leave a browser
window open without having SM download email all night, I need to exit
SM entirely, then open just a browser window.

A little awkward, but if I can remember that sequence, it would work
for me.

Disregard my previous message.

I just sent my fourth test message after changing to check every minute. The Mail & Newsgroups window was closed.

Got a message in the browser that I had new mail.

Tests 5 and 6 shows quiting completely seems to cure the problem.

File a RFE bug?