On 12-05-23 6:33 AM, Daniel wrote:
Chris Ilias wrote:
On 12-05-22 6:03 AM, Daniel wrote:
Just exported my current places.sqlite and got a HTML file of 302.8KB.

I wonder what I've got in the 3.6MB file!!!

Mostly, your browsing history. Plus meta data, like when you last
visited each site, how many times you've visited each site, and any
stored favicons as well.

So, o.k., in my old bookmarks.html file, that is 3.6MB I could have
still had all my history, but I just deleted my current History and then
re-exported the current places.sqlite file and it (HTML) still came out
as 302.8KB!!

bookmarks.html does not contain history or the other data I mentioned. places.sqlite does. When you export to bookmarks.html, it just exports the bookmarks list, not all the data in places.sqlite.

--
Chris Ilias <http://ilias.ca>
Newsgroup moderator