Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Daniel wrote:

So, o.k., in my old bookmarks.html file, that is 3.6MB I could have
still had all my history, but I just deleted my current History and then
re-exported the current places.sqlite file and it (HTML) still came out
as 302.8KB!!

OK, sounds right.

Note:- I've still got addresses in the address drop-down! I expected
these to disappear if I deleted History, or do I have to re-start SM??

"Browsing history" and "location bar history" are two different things
and must be cleared separately. See

Edit | Preferences | Browser | History

Note also:

Edit | Preferences | Privacy & Security

There are separate checkboxes, so you can clear one or the other or both
or neither when you tell SM to clear private data.

Something to add to the discussion..........

Tonight I've been downloading some fan fiction Video's. When I first opened the Download Manager, it's screen (History) was blank!!

--
Daniel