Jens Hatlak wrote:
Daniel wrote:
Jens Hatlak wrote:
Daniel wrote:
Rufus, I hope you remember that emptying trash *doesn't* actually
delete
the e-mails from your "inbox", it just marks them for deletion and
removes them from your sight.

They are not actually deleted until you compact your files!!

Wrong (just checked). Please don't give such false advice, especially if
it results in data loss without any undo possibility. The Empty Trash
command actually includes a Compact Folder call.

When did this action change?? Perhaps we users should have had it drawn
to our attention!!

As Beauregard already noted, what you wrote is probably true if read
exactly. Empty Trash does in fact not touch the Inbox, only the Trash
folder. For the latter it includes a Compact Folder call.

[It didn't appear to me that anyone could think that Empty Trash would
affect other folders.]

HTH

Jens

...so...Empty Trash actually *does/should* reduce the size of the Inbox because the user has moved the files to the Trash so they no longer reside in the Inbox, and the Trash Compacts on Empty.

If it doesn't work that way, it should! That would be what one would expect.

--
     - Rufus