Daniel wrote:
Rufus wrote:
Daniel wrote:

<Snip>

Wow!! My whole mail profile is only 30.9MB, with the inbox being 15.7MB.

I'll bet mine isn't 1M - I tend to Save/Delete/Empty Trash/Mark Read on
completion of session, so I generally don't see Compact Folders
requests.  In fact I can't remember the last time I saw one.

I think user habit gets into the mix and one has to set a limit that
works with their own habit.

Rufus, I hope you remember that emptying trash *doesn't* actually delete
the e-mails from your "inbox", it just marks them for deletion and
removes them from your sight.

They are not actually deleted until you compact your files!!

No, I didn't know that...but I still don't see Compact notices.

...that sounds a bit counter-intuitive.

--
     - Rufus