On 12-07-25 9:36 AM, Rufus wrote:
Daniel wrote:

Rufus, in another twig of this thread, I've "Here Here"'d this
suggestion, but it's just occured to me that doing it this way *might*
have some people asking how come it takes for SM to actually close!!

That's why is should be an option and not a default, along with current
Compact to save size operation.  Let the user decide which best fits the
way they work.

Auto-compacting used to be off by default. Unfortunately, most users don't know what compacting is or why they should do it. As a result, they never do it, and their Inbox continuously grows in size, eventually slowing down SeaMonkey. Imagine if every message you've ever received was still stored in your inbox file, even after you've cleared your inbox via SeaMonkey.

P.S. It's "hear, hear", not "here, here". :)

--
Chris Ilias <http://ilias.ca>
Newsgroup moderator