On 9/18/12 12:18 PM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
> <http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1694021/psy-gangnam-style-english.jhtml>
>
> Trying to read this page, keep getting this popup:
>
>       A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped
>       responding. You can stop the script now, or you can
>       continue to see if the script will complete.
>
>       Script: http://www.mtv.com/sitewide/scripts/mtv.jhtml:1309
>
>       [ ] Don't ask me again
>
>       [Continue] [Stop script]
>
> I choose "Stop script," and everything freezes for a minute or so, and
> then the popup returns. So I choose "Stop script," and everything
> freezes for a minute or so, and then the popup returns. So I choose
> "Stop script," and everything freezes for a minute or so, and then the
> popup returns. So ....
>
> Can I have my browser back, please?
>
> P.S. I've always wondered what "Don't ask me again" does. Am I saying
> "don't ask me about this particular script on this particular site," or
> am I saying "never ask me again about any script anywhere," or what?

Windows XP SP3
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:15.0) Gecko/20120909 SeaMonkey/2.12.1

I do not get this problem, either with all my extensions enabled or in
Safe Mode.  You might have an extension that I don't have, an extension
that is causing this problem.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

bureaucracy has obviously never worked for a large corporation.
© 1997 by David E. Ross