David E. Ross wrote:
On 9/18/12 12:18 PM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
<http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1694021/psy-gangnam-style-english.jhtml>

Trying to read this page, keep getting this popup:

        A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped
        responding. You can stop the script now, or you can
        continue to see if the script will complete.

        Script: http://www.mtv.com/sitewide/scripts/mtv.jhtml:1309

        [ ] Don't ask me again

        [Continue] [Stop script]

I choose "Stop script," and everything freezes for a minute or so, and
then the popup returns. So I choose "Stop script," and everything
freezes for a minute or so, and then the popup returns. So I choose
"Stop script," and everything freezes for a minute or so, and then the
popup returns. So ....

Can I have my browser back, please?

P.S. I've always wondered what "Don't ask me again" does. Am I saying
"don't ask me about this particular script on this particular site," or
am I saying "never ask me again about any script anywhere," or what?

Windows XP SP3
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:15.0) Gecko/20120909 SeaMonkey/2.12.1

I do not get this problem, either with all my extensions enabled or in
Safe Mode.  You might have an extension that I don't have, an extension
that is causing this problem.

Not sure what "extension" means -- is that the same as "add-on" or "plugin"? Add-Ons Manager lists:

Adobe Acrobat 10.1.4.38
Java Deployment Toolkit 70.0.70.10 10.7.2.10
Java(TM) Platform SE 7 U7 10.7.2.10
Microsoft Office 2010 14.0.4761.1000
Microsoft Office 2010 14.0.4730.1000
Shockwave Flash 11.4.402.265
Shockwave for Director 11.6.6.636
VLC Web Plugin 2.0.2.0
Windows Live Photo Gallery 15.4.3538.513

See any likely suspects?

Paul B. Gallagher