A few moments ago, I wrote:

Ah. OK, here's what I have:

Adblock Plus 2.1.2
ChatZilla 0.9.88.2
DOM Inspector 2.0.13
JavaScript Debugger 0.9.89
Russian Hunspell spellchecking dictionary 1.0.20120501

Looks the same except for the version of DOM Inspector and the Russian
dictionary. Seems unlikely to me that either of those would cause
problems with MTV, but just in case I disabled the spelling dictionary.
Since the issue hangs SM, I'll post this and then report back if it helped.

OK, no benefit.

When I revisited the page, I got the same popup, a total of six times before I got "Done" in the status bar. Each time, I dismissed the nag saying "Stop Script" and "Don't ask me again." Each of three different scripts prompted the nag twice, so "Don't ask me again" seems to have no effect.

Once I got to "Done," I clicked an empty area on the scroll bar to move down, and after a suitably annoying interval, the script nag returned. But I was able to scroll in between the hangs, so I could eventually read the whole article.

Paul B. Gallagher