On Tuesday, October 23, 2012 5:18:03 AM UTC-5, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
> Tom wrote:
>

> > All the mailbox "compression" does, apparently, is remove, from the
>
> > giant text files, empty lines that apparently remain after an email
>
> > is "deleted" -- I suppose that it simply searches for "CR/LF"
>
> > characters and removes them.  Doesn't really change the file size
>
> > significantly at all.
>

> > I will delete the 'inbox.msf' file when I finish here, for kicks, but
>
> > this doesn't really address the problem, which is now starting to
>
> > sound like Seamonkey may have an inbox size problem -- and maybe
>
> > strangely only affecting the primary email account -- and not very
>
> > gracefully.
>

> I've seen many times over the years recommendations that Inbox not be
>
> allowed to grow too large. If your working hypothesis is that SM can't
>
> handle too large an Inbox, then why don't you test that by leaving your
>
> old messages in Inbox2? I haven't seen complaints about custom folders
>
> suffering from size limitations.
>

> --
>
> War doesn't determine who's right, just who's left.
>
> --
>
> Paul B. Gallagher

The first 'flush' suggests a potential max size problem for the primary inbox,
but the second, a week later, suggests that ??  Then, the primary inbox was
small, as it is now.  I guess we'll see.  With my other boxes at the size they
are, if it happens again, it will point to some max Mail directory limit, which
certainly shouldn't be happening, like a file pointer write-over. ??