> Tom, completely close SM, including any "Quick Start" Function, then use
> your file manager to locate your inbox, i.e. the one that keeps stuffing
> up. How big is the file?? You mention 50MB and 100MB above, but these
> figures stagger me!!
>
> Whilst you're in the area, delete the inbox.msf file associated with
> this inbox. The msf file will be re-created when you next start SM.
>
> --
> Daniel

Daniel, I guess it concerns me that you are so surprised at the email box file
sizes!  Since the earliest days of Netscape, email boxes have never been
compressed in any fashion (which always surprised me) -- they are flat text
files that end up being humongous.  For example, the mail box that has
repeatedly vanished (the 'inbox' file under the primary mail account --
directory name 'mail' under the
'...\Mozilla\Seamonkey\Profiles\[profileID].default\Mail' directory -- now only
has 24 emails in it (again, the other 1000+ are gone), and yet the 'inbox' file
is already 1.09 MB. And those aren't particularly long emails. While another
inbox has 1055 emails in it and the file size is "only" 45.1 MB, a third has
1020 emails and is 92.9 MB. My "Mail" subdirectory is 1.23 GB.

All the mailbox "compression" does, apparently, is remove, from the giant text
files, empty lines that apparently remain after an email is "deleted" -- I
suppose that it simply searches for "CR/LF" characters and removes them.
Doesn't really change the file size significantly at all.

I will delete the 'inbox.msf' file when I finish here, for kicks, but this
doesn't really address the problem, which is now starting to sound like
Seamonkey may have an inbox size problem -- and maybe strangely only affecting
the primary email account -- and not very gracefully.