On 11/5/2012 9:51 PM philmat11 submitted the following:
> BTS, Paul, W3BNR
>
> Let me refresh.
>
> I switched from Hughes satellite to WildBlue satellite (the only ISP I
> currently have).  With Hughes I had four email accounts, a primary account
> and three auxiliary accounts (aliases).  I have created the same setup with
> WildBlue (the outgoing server is gmail.com).  With Hughes, each account used
> the Hughes SMTP server with each account's user name attachecd, WildBlue is
> the same, all accounts use the WildBlue server (gmail.com) with the account's
> user name attached.  With Hughes, the auxiliary accounts (aliases) would
> default to the primary account for all outgoing mail, but the "From" user
> name in the email header would always be the user name of the account that I
> used to create the email.  However, with WildBlue there are changes.  When
> using an auxiliary account (alias), if I look in the "Sent" folder, the
> "From" address is the same as the user name of the account I used to create
> the email, but the recipient of the email the "From" address in the header
> would change
 to the
user name of the primary account.  I added the "Reply-to" addresses to all
accounts (which I hadn't done in the past) in the SeaMonkey account settings,
and all recipients of my emails have the correct "Reply-to" address, but the
"From" address is always that of my primary account.

> This morning I checked with WildBlue's Tech Support (again), but this time
> the techie informed my there is a button to push that controls this.  He
> tried to lead me through the WildBlue screens to get there but my screens
> evidently didn't match his screens (I'm on a Mac and this time I used Safari
> to get there [I really dislike Safari], but if I mention Seamonkey they freak
> and won't talk to me), so he made the change for me.  I still can't find the
> path to that stupid button, even using SM.  Nonetheless, he made the change
> for me and I sent him a test email - sure enough he declared everything
> worked fine.  Trying to replicate the success at my end by sending emails
> between the various accounts gives me the impressions things really don't
> work fine - I still get my primary user name for the "From" name on emails
> from all the auxiliary accounts, even when the "Reply-to" address is correct.
>  This is the case when I use Mac Mail and also going through the WildBlue
> website to
 check m
ail.  The only saving grace is the "From" address isn't that apparent when you
use Mac mail or go through the WildBlue website.

> Here are two headers from the same email; one from the "Sent" folder of the
> originating account and the other is from the "Inbox" of the auxiliary
> account that received the message.
>
> The Sent Folder:
> Subject: 121105 Universal Reply-to Check
> From: Bart M <mda.ba...@wildblue.net>
> Date: 11/5/12 11:13 AM
> To: Bart general <bartm...@wildblue.net>, Bart mstr <bar...@wildblue.net>
>
> The Inbox from receiving account:
> Subject: 121105 Universal Reply-to Check
> From: Bart M <bar...@wildblue.net>
> Date: 11/5/12 11:13 AM
> To: Bart general <bartm...@wildblue.net>, Bart mstr <bar...@wildblue.net>
>
> Both emails show the correct "Reply-to", but only the email from the
> originating account "Sent" folder has the correct "From" address, the email
> received has the "From" address reverts to the primary account address.
>
> I have also tried changing the outgoing server choice from "Default" to the
> server listings with the individual account user names.  It is always the
> same gmail server but has the individual user names added.  This failed for
> all auxiliary accounts and I had to change back to "Default Server."
>
> The drama continues.
>
> Tnx, philmat11

The only explanation I can think of is that you are using the default SMTP for
all the aliases and the user name of the SMTP is bar...@wildblue.net

You should set up a different SMTP for each address.

--
Ed, W3BNR
http://JonesFarm.us/W3BNR