Daniel wrote:
Geoff Welsh wrote:
about once a week, but once a thread starts containing "C:\....." I'm
out.  I've never run SM on a Windohs OS.

I inferred from the original question that he was referring to flat-out
duplicates, which could just be dumped.

GW....who still has mail from Mac Netscape 4.7 in his Mac SM 2.13.2

Daniel wrote:

I can live with that, Paul.

I wonder if Geoff is still with us??

Sorry, Geoff, for some reason, I thought it was you that had had this
problem, but now that I re-examine this thread, I see I meant " I wonder
if Larry is still with us??"!!

Yes, Daniel, I'm sill with you. You haven't heard from me because I was off doing other things, and because the replies to my original question weren't very helpful (in contrast to the usual experience here). Most responders seemed to think I had some sort of problem involving multiple profiles.

The problem actually is multiple Mail, Local and related msf folders (each with a slightly different name), all in my current profile. The question is simply "can I delete all but the most current folders?". (See original post for all the folder names.)

Thank you for your interest,and all your help in this group over the years.