On 1/16/2013 9:49 AM, Philip TAYLOR wrote:
Isn't this to do with JavaFX ?  I removed my Java completely
yesterday after being warned by UAC that clicking on an e-mail link
in a PDF would cause Oracle's "ssvagent" to run.  Checking further, I
found that :

ssvagent is run when java detects registry is not correct and then
ssvagent tries to recover it.

The last think I want is Java message with my registry when I try to
send an e-mail.

Uninstall JavaFX

If the Java (TM) Platform plugin is no longer detected in your
Mozilla browser after updating to the latest Java 7 JRE (Java
Runtime Environment), this can be caused by an outdated JavaFX
installation, which prevents the Java plugin from being properly
registered. This issue has been reported after updating to Java 7
Update 10. To resolve, uninstall JavaFX from the Windows Control
Panel list of installed programs, as suggested in this java.com
help page. Note: JavaFX used to be bundled as a standalone program
that was automatically installed with earlier versions of the Java
7 JRE but is now included as part of the JRE. [40] [41] [42] [43]
[44]

Philip Taylor --------

Larry S. wrote:

flyguy wrote:

How do I get SM to use Java?

Same problem here. It's there in Add/Remove Programs and Program
Files, but not in About Plug-ins or Add-on Manager/Plug-ins.
Applications (e.g. time.gov) say I need a plug-in. It all worked
before today's update.

Philip has the clue - it's JavaFx that's the issue. I found the problem resolution on the Java site:

http://www.java.com/en/download/help/firefox_java.xml

Following the instructions to remove javafx and java, running the MS uninstall utility, then running the installer file (same one that failed earlier) did the trick.