David E. Ross wrote:
On 1/18/13 9:51 AM, Rickles wrote:
I've seen the notices and recommendations about the various Java
security holes.  I understand the concerns.  But there's one site my
wife visits regularly which requires Java, and now won't work on either
our XP-SP3 tower mainframe or a Win7 laptop, both with SM 2.15, because
SM has taken it upon itself to block every Java version back thru v6
Update 38.  The only option available to the user is to disable it in
Add-On Mgr, which is useless since SM has already locked it out.

This is the only site she wants to use which uses Java, so I'd
appreciate any recommendations as to how to turn SOME version of Java
back on in SM.

Java 7u11 is NOT blocked for SeaMonkey 2.15 under Windows XP.

David,

SM 2.15 effectively blocks all versions of JAVA. Yesterday I had SM 2.13 installed and running JAVA applets by enabling JAVA in the Ad-Ons Manager. Last night I upgraded to SM 2.15 and JAVA applets would not run.

I checked the Ad-Ons Manager and JAVA was disabled, I enabled JAVA and tried the previous applets, they would not run, in fact the web site (Pogo.com) insisted I download and install the latest version of the JAVA plugin. I downloaded again from the Oracle web site and tried to install, the install program stated I already had the current version installed, I replied to install anyway.

After restarting SM I tried the Pogo.com applet and again I was prompted to install the latest JAVA upstate.

Side note: Internet Explorer, v.8, has no problem with the latest version of the JAVA plugin.

It is time to jump the sinking ship. The Mozilla Fire Breathing Dragon has run out of gas, has lost its spark, and should be laid to rest with honors.

Thanks for the ride, Mozilla, it has been a fun ride.

M Gordon

--
Armadillo Web Development
www.armadilloweb.com