Gary Montalbine wrote:

On 03/18/2013 07:10 AM, Daniel wrote:
Gary Montalbine wrote:

Using file>Save and Change Character Encoding>ISO-8859-1 works. However
when I open a file the charset still changes to window.... I just need
to be careful.
I have stopped automatic updates because that is what caused my problem
a few weeks ago and I now work offline.

Seamonkey has worked very well for me the last couple of years because I
use simple html code and copy and paste each new file. Here is my
website. It is nothing fancy.

http://knottsislandonline.com/kiscrapbook/index.html

Thanks for your help. Gary

Gary, in Composer, when you start work on your web page file, do you
start from scratch or do you edit an already saved html file??

I use the new icon and get a very short, basic outline which includes
charset. I then hand code the rest.

 From just my little bit of looking, it seems to me the (unalterable)
default font is ISO-8859-1, but, when you save a file, you're asked if
you want to save the font with the page, presumably so that when you
re-load the page, to edit it, the type of font is then set to what you
were using to previously edit the file.

Or am I missing something??

The problem is that whenever I reload a saved html the charset is
changed to windows-1252. I then have to save it as ISO-8859-1.

Sorry, don't know what to suggest. I just :-
1     Opened Composer
2 View->Character Encoding->More Encoding->West European and selected ISO-8859-1 3 Pressed the X in the top right of the screen to close the screen and got a "Save Page" pop-up asking if I wanted to save my changes which had the options to "Don't Save", "Cancel;" and "Save" 3.1 If I selected "Save", I then asked for a Page Title (Test), and then asked where I wanted to save the file. 4 If I then clicked on the Composer icon at the bottom left of the SeaMonkey e-mail screen and ISO-8859-1 was the font pre-selected 5 If I then File-Recent Pages and selected my just closed file, the font was set to ISO-8859-15, as I had selected prior to closing before!!

WFM!!

Just did it with a second file after setting the font to Armenian, closed this as Test2, re-opened Composer, font was ISO-8859-1, re-opened file Test, Font was ISO-8859-15, closed this, re-opened Composer, font was ISO-8859-1, opened file Test2 and the font was back to Armenian, as it should be!!

Still waiting for you, Gary, to respond to my question about Mageina2...

Sorry. Not sure what the question was. I use Firefox as my browser and
Thunderbird for my email.

Gary, perchance do you connect to the internet via 3G Dongle??
(I'm still trying to get mine up and running in Mageina2!!)

No. I have a desktop and am directly wired into my router.
Gary

O.K., thanks.

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.17 Build identifier: 20130224181913

or

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686 on x86_64; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/20.0 SeaMonkey/2.17 Build identifier: 20130224182221