Gary Montalbine wrote:

On 03/17/2013 10:48 AM, Ed Mullen wrote:
Gary Montalbine wrote:

You have a profile. See:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_SeaMonkey

I have been using Seamonkey as my html
editor only for about the least 2 years. I do not use the web browser
for the internet. It was about 2-3 weeks ago that the window charset
first appeared. I changed Seamonkey to work offline and changed the
about:config to the ISO. Restarted SM and opened a html and got both
window and iso now. I will just have to be careful and make sure I save
with the ISO. Appreciate your help. Gary

Are you saying you've effectively solved the issue?

Using file>Save and Change Character Encoding>ISO-8859-1 works. However
when I open a file the charset still changes to window.... I just need
to be careful.
I have stopped automatic updates because that is what caused my problem
a few weeks ago and I now work offline.

Seamonkey has worked very well for me the last couple of years because I
use simple html code and copy and paste each new file. Here is my
website. It is nothing fancy.

http://knottsislandonline.com/kiscrapbook/index.html

Thanks for your help. Gary

Gary, in Composer, when you start work on your web page file, do you start from scratch or do you edit an already saved html file??

From just my little bit of looking, it seems to me the (unalterable) default font is ISO-8859-1, but, when you save a file, you're asked if you want to save the font with the page, presumably so that when you re-load the page, to edit it, the type of font is then set to what you were using to previously edit the file.

Or am I missing something??

Still waiting for you, Gary, to respond to my question about Mageina2...

Gary, perchance do you connect to the internet via 3G Dongle??
(I'm still trying to get mine up and running in Mageina2!!)

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.17 Build identifier: 20130224181913