After contacting tech support at every level in every direction of my connectivity, I finally found the cause of my error entirely on my own.

I thought that the problem had to come from one of the anti-malware programs. Sometimes they compete and clash, but I found no trace of any of them blocking any particular website. In the past, uninstalling and reinstalling all of the anti-malware programs did the trick, but in this case I hit the right one at the first try - Spybot Search & Destroy, the latest version is very aggressive, if not outright invasive from what I experienced. I took that program's option during the uninstallation process to undo the changes that it had made - even though none were traceable to my uneducated eye - then I rebooted.

Voila'! my issue was resolved. I hope this offers a clue to your problem as well.

Marisa

Marisa Ciceran wrote:
I forgot to state that I am using SeaMonkey 2.17.1 and just installed
Firefox 22.0.

Marisa Ciceran wrote:
Kassim,

I see that you brought this up and have received no replies.

As of midday today EST, I am experiencing the same problem with both
SeaMonkey*as well as *Firefox which I have just installed. The odd
thing is that I get this error only on my own website -
http://www.istrianet.org. The home page has Java script on it which
complains frequently, but I cannot access ANY of the pages on my site
that have no Java at all. I spent well over an hour with our
technical support at hostgator.com, and because Internet Explorer
does not block my website, it is entirely a browser issue concerning
solely Mozilla Firefox and Seamonkey.

The full error I get is this:

*400 Bad request*

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to
use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache Server at www.istrianet.org Port 80

What I find strange is that I had almost the identical problem a few
weeks ago but which on that occasion also affected Internet Explorer
8 on my Windows XP Professional system on my desktop, but did not
occur on Windows 7 Home on my laptop.

On that prior occasion, the host server technical support managed to
find a very remote server security block that they disabled -
unfortunately, I am not a tech professional so did not make note of
what it was. They did not find the same resolution this time and so
both Seamonkey and Firefox do not permit me to view my online pages.
It also appears to have nothing to do with the Avast Free Antivirus
Web Shield function. I've added my URL to be excluded from scanning,
and this made no difference.

Could there be a clue in the fact that we have Java script on home
page? The Java plug-in, I believe, is up to date - Platform SE 7 U25
10.25.2.16.

I hope there is a simple and quick solution to his problem. While I
am not an IT professional (or trained in computer sciences), I own
and manage a large cultural website, and this new problem is causing
serious consequences at a very critical time.

Marisa
Kassim & Associates wrote:
Dear Sir,

I am Experiencing problem with SeaMonkey, I am able to access some
sites , but some and including Addon always failed or simpply "BAD
REQUEST ERROR".
I can access these sites without problems  through Opera, Yahoo,
Google.
What is wrong??
I enjoy using Seamonkey, it is very fast Thanks
  LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR HELP.

     Kind Regards

    Kassim Khamara