A Williams wrote, On 2013-08-12 17:55:
Ray_Net wrote:
Bernard Delmée wrote, On 11/08/2013 19:37:
Ray_Net wrote, On 2013-08-10 22:57:
I forgot to tell you that i changed in "Message Display" NOT in
"Message
composition"
Neither helps in my case, Ray. Thanks, though.
You are true ... i just used an old PC with SM 2.8 and the accentuated
characters is displayed OK without the need of changing the message
display default charset.

It's a bug in SM introduced in new versions ....

I got to my Windows XP machine (SM 2.20) and things display correctly as
plain text.
This Linux x64 machine (SM 2.19) now only has the problem when
displaying Original-html which is very strange, I normally display as
text and that is what was not working in recent versions below 2.19.  It
seems I switched my view-mode in an attempt to alleviate the problem and
made things worse.

ymmv.
Confirms what I saw : text or simple html are alright, original html
is not. What surprised me as explained in another post, is that I do
not have this problem with various ThunderBird versions I've tried. Could a SeaMonkey developer acknowledge the problem, and perhaps let
us know how to help ? I suppose a  test case would be useful, but in my
case I am only seeing the issue with some work-related Outlook
messages which I can hardly share. Other messages from the same origin
display just fine...