Bernard Delmée wrote, On 13/08/2013 19:47:
Hartmut Figge wrote, On 2013-08-13 17:51:
Ray_Net:

I have a similar problem with accentuated characters showing wrong with
SM 2.17 an going well with SM 2.8.
I am now using the SM 2.8 on an old pc, because i don't have now my
current pc available. So i follow your instructions with SM 2.8 which
did not exhibit the problem, but i am sure that if i put HMTL2 into my
current pc SM2.17, it will show the problem.
Here is in attachment the expected HTML2 file.

Why such a large mail, hm? ;) Here is what i see on my SM 2.23a1 with
View->Message Body As->Original HTML:
http://www.triffids.de/pub/screenshot/sm130813.png

Now, if the characters are wrong or right, i have no clue. But you will
know, surely. :)

Hartmut

TADA! Hartmut, seeing your user-agent and mention of 2.23a,
I thought I'd give nightlies a try and lo and behold:
all is well with 2.21a already. I tested that one on windows
where to my surprise even lightning seemed to keep working,
and tried 2.23a on linux i386 with equally good results.
So perhaps it was the same bug marked as fixed for thunderbird;
it'll just take a little more time to percolate to a semonkey
release but is indeed gone. Good news!

Ray, if you want to give it a try, nightly alpha builds can
be downloaded from:
<ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/seamonkey/nightly/latest-comm-central-trunk/>

I will give it a try when windows SM 2.21 will become officially released.