Win XP, SM 2.22, Browser's Helper Applications list.

I am using a fresh profile of SM and it will not let me save a pdf file I am
downloading from US News % WR (with a notice about Helper Applications).
That same file gets saved without hesitation using my old SM profile.  The
old helper list shows "PDF file" as a type whereas the fresh helper shows
only "Adobe Acrobat Document" as a type.  I'm guessing US News may well not
be using Adobe's product to generate their pdf file and therefor it is not
recognized by the fresh helper list.

Is there a way to: copy the list from one profile to another, edit the list,
or just add a type to the list?

--
 JohnW-MN