On 4/9/2014 12:42 PM, Ron Hunter wrote:
> On 4/9/2014 3:47 AM, Trane Francks wrote:

>>> Go to Firefox preferences, where there should be a button for making
>>> Firefox your
>>> default browser. I don't have it installed on this computer so I can't
>>> tell you the
>>> precise location.
>>>
>>> Then, start Seamonkey Mail, go to
>>>
>>> Edit->Preferences->Mail & Newsgroups
>>>
>>> and on the right side you'll see buttons for making Seamonkey your
>>> default for mail
>>> and news(groups).
>>>
>> The problem here is that clicking links in mail, RSS, etc. will open
>> SeaMonkey windows rather than Firefox windows. Unless the user is
>> willing to drag links onto Firefox all the time, there's precious little
>> reason to suggest using SeaMonkey for mail and Firefox for web. When
>> using Firefox, Thunderbird makes a better mail, news and RSS choice.
>> IMO, YMMV and all that.
>>
> I am using SeaMonkey for web, and Thunderbird for mail because my
> pointing device  lets me use the extra buttons by application, so if I
> use email/newsgroups in SeaMonkey, I lose my programmable buttons.
> Works fine for me.  I am using SeaMonkey for the web because there is an
> intermittent crashing bug in Firefox that crashed the program without a
> dump (hangs).  I thought I had this fixed, but it still happens.

I too use SeaMonkey as a Web browser and Thunderbird for E-mail, RSS
feeds, and newsgroups.  I actively use three different SeaMonkey
profiles, sometimes switching back and forth several times an hour.
When I do that, I do not want to lose my current E-mail or newsgroup
session.

Why three profiles?  One is specifically for banking and managing my
investments; the related Web sites require that my preferences be set
different from how I normally want them (e.g., the banks want me to
accept all cookies, to accept popups, and to disable the Secret Agent
extension).  One is specifically for reading amateur fiction online; it
has almost as many bookmarks as my general-purpose profile.  And then
one is my general-purpose profile.  There is a fourth profile just for
guests.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

On occasion, I filter and ignore all newsgroup messages
posted through GoogleGroups via Google's G2/1.0 user agent
because of spam, flames, and trolling from that source.